Walmart has been a great supporter of the League Foundation and has provided funding supporting, among other things, the small grants program from Sustainable Jersey. In a demonstration of the continued commitment to the State of New Jersey and its local governments, Walmart is again providing funding to assist local officials in addressing key public policy objectives.
With a grant of $100,000 from Walmart, the League Foundation is requesting joint proposals from municipalities and school districts to address educational connectivity issues.
The League Foundation is offering a first round of 10 $10,000 grants to assist local governments and schools (pre K-12) in addressing internet connectivity challenges related to virtual/distance learning. These may include:
- Remote learning from school buildings with connectivity issues
- Limited internet access among students and faculty in particular school locations
- Shortage of necessary devices to access web-based services
Priority will be given to applicants who have a definable need and who demonstrate a partnership with school districts and municipal officials. To be considered, submit the following to Mike Cerra at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 609-695-0151:
- A two-page summary of your proposal, to include:
- Summary of issues to be addressed
- Scope of work
- Cost estimate
- Statement of support/cooperation between the municipality and school district
- Point of contact