The State is conducting daily calls with designated representatives in each county. We strongly suggest you discuss local concerns with your county’s designated official. We have stressed to both the Governor’s Office and the county officials the importance of sharing information and coordinating local efforts.
We would like to highlight the following from today’s call:
- The State has provided guidance on public meetings during the health emergency.
- The Civil Service Commission has provided guidance. While most of the guidance pertains to State employees, the Civil Service Commission did note that all Civil Service employers may implement flextime programs, alternative workweek programs, and adjusted daily or shift offers without prior approval of the Civil Service Commission.
- The Department of Education has been in contact with county superintendents and local superintendents regarding possible school closings. It is strongly suggested that local officials contact their local district school superintendent regarding school closings. In addition, guidance has been issued regarding the requirements for public health-related school closures. Please note: During his daily press conference, in regards to a potential statewide public school district closure, the Governor said, “it is a when, not an if.”
- The Governor has recommended that public events with more than 250 people be canceled.
- Beginning March 14, local health officers will be required to submit the number of presumptive and confirmed positive COVID-19 daily to the county LINCS agency.
- BPU has announced that the state’s electric and gas utilities have agreed to suspend utility shut-offs until the end of April.
In addition, it was also stressed that local officials should communicate information with county and state officials to ensure the information provided to the public is accurate and up to date. To assist in providing information, the State has developed a COVID-19 Dashboard that provides information on the number of presumed cases broken down by county.
To assist in providing guidance and information we have created a COVID-19 resource page. We will continue to update the page as we get pertinent information and include announcements in our Daily Updates.
• Michael F. Cerra, Assistant Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, 609-695-3481 x120.
• Lori Buckelew, Senior Legislative Analyst, email@example.com, 609-695-3481 x112.