Governor Murphy Begins Second Term
Today at the Inaugural Ceremony at the Trenton War Memorial, surrounded by family, former governors, legislative leadership, members of the congressional delegation, NJ State Supreme Court Chief Justice Stuart Rabner, and other dignitaries, Governor Phil Murphy took the oath of office to serve a four-year term as Governor and Lt. Governor Sheila Oliver took the oath of office for another term as the state’s Lieutenant Governor.
In his inaugural address, Governor Murphy highlighted his administration’s first-term accomplishments and outlined goals for the second term, including being a state that is more affordable, especially when it comes to three of the biggest expenses facing residents: health care, higher education, and property taxes.
He also cited a desire to continue to grow the state’s innovation economy that will make “New Jersey a model for the nation and the world” by advancing:
- Businesses in the clean energy industry that will literally fuel this revolution while fighting climate change, most notably offshore wind.
- Businesses in the life sciences and medicine that will find treatments and cures for diseases and conditions.
- Businesses related to television and film production.
- Businesses on the cutting edge of new technologies
- Businesses in the new cannabis industry.
- Businesses in online gaming and sports betting.
Businesses in online gaming and sports betting.
Contact: Paul Penna, Senior Legislative Analyst, 609-695-3481 ext. 110.