Saturday, March 9, 2024
9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Conference Center at Mercer
1200 Old Trenton Road
West Windsor, NJ 08550
Creating and approving a feasible budget is one of the most important tasks of an Elected Official. It is also one of the most complex and time consuming tasks. To aide in this endeavor, the League has created a special half day program geared towards Elected Officials to help them in understanding the Municipal Budgeting Process. The day will be broken into four parts that include:
- Budget Law Overview-
- A look at the laws that you must follow to set-up and pass a budget
- What is Budgeting and Why is it Important?-
- The practical application and understanding the purpose of a budget
- History of State Aid and Other Issues –
- A look at how State Aid, State Mandates, and other issues impact your Municipal Budget
- Planning for the Future-
- How to utilize a Trend Analysis and create a 5 year Budget Projection,
- Understanding what a surplus means
Please join us for this informative program!