DEP Accepting Applications for Stormwater Grants
The New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) is seeking applicants for its latest round of grant funding, which prioritizes projects that will restore and protect New Jersey’s watersheds while better managing stormwater runoff and reducing flooding risks in communities.
Projects that may be eligible for grant funding include those that:
- Use green infrastructure to reduce stormwater runoff in communities with aging combined wastewater-stormwater infrastructure, especially in overburdened communities;
- Improve suburban stormwater management systems;
- Help agricultural operations reduce nonpoint source pollution;
- Implement water quality improvements and support and expand watershed and lake management planning in the Lower and Upper Delaware River and Northeast watershed regions;
- Construct living shorelines;
- Improve water quality in lakes;
- Promote environmental education.
The deadline for submitting proposals is 5 p.m., Monday, February 28, 2022. More information on the grant and the application process can be found on the DEP website.