- Presenting your local budget to the public. Samples from Summit, Franklin Lakes, and Madison.
- Budget Process Overview (PDF): The Finance Center is a column that regularly appears in the League’s magazine, New Jersey Municipalities. This column is titled "Budget Process Overview" and appeared in the December 2016 issue.
- Department of Treasury’s Cooperative Purchasing Program: A link to the State’s Cooperative Purchasing Program, through which specific State contracts are eligible to local buying units.
- Purchase & Property: The Department of Treasury’s Division of Purchase and Property website.
- Procurement Guide (PDF): Published by the Governmental Purchasing Association of New Jersey (GPANJ), basic guidelines of the everyday purchasing process.
- Governmental Purchasing Association of New Jersey (GPANJ): League members with questions about purchasing, or to view samples, please have your purchasing agent contact the GPANJ. The GPANJ is an affiliate organization that works with the League; an organization whose membership consists of purchasing agents from municipalities, school boards, counties, authorities, and other government entities.
The Assembly Budget Committee heard testimony from the OLS’ Budget and Finance Officer Haines and State Treasurer Muoio regarding Gov. Murphy’s proposed plan that will govern State spending during the extended Fiscal Year. Read on...
DLGS has issuedLFN 2020-13 outlining extensions including the deadline for calendar year municipal audits to September 30 and mailing of estimated tax bills to July 31 as well as tax assessor and professional certification extensions. Read on...
Governor Murphy signed A-4157, extending the property tax appeal deadline to from July 1 and provides the County Board of Taxation until September 30 to render a decision on a tax appeal. The deadline only applies to this year’s tax appeals. Read on...